Relief School Meal Supervisory Assistant (SMSA)
Grade 2 - £ 11.05 – 11.08 per hour
As and when required – term time only (11:20am -1:30pm)
West Acton Primary School prides itself on being a welcoming community, with high standards of welfare and behaviour for all our children and staff. We are currently seeking relief SMSAs to support our experienced and friendly lunchtime team on an as and when needed basis.
West Acton is a three form entry school that has recently undergone a complete rebuild/refurbishment. As a result, we now benefit from state of the art facilities as well as one of the largest green spaces of any local school. The school includes a Nursery class for children aged 3 and over, and also has an Additionally Resourced Provision unit for children with autism able to integrate into the mainstream school. We have a highly mobile and diverse set of pupils including some with complex medical needs.
Would you be interested in joining our team of relief midday supervisors?
This is an “as and when” position. You should:
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy working with children
- Work successfully as part of a team
- Communicate effectively with adults and children
- Be energetic and take an active part in promoting and developing co-operative games in the playground
- Follow school policy and procedures, show common sense and remain calm in a crisis
- Be firm, but friendly
- Be prepared to attend training courses, including a first aid course, as required by the Headteacher
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, as well as sign a Childcare Disqualification Declaration Form. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
Closing date: on-going
Interviews will be held as applications are received.